Poor Resolution

Report and discuss bugs here!
Sc00by

Poor Resolution

Post by Sc00by »

Hello,

I've just bought a Videomate C200 Plus to stream footage from a birdbox webcam.

Unfortunatly the quality is very poor. I've tried changing all that I can find to 640x480 but this just seems to amplify the poor quality.

I have found under:

Settings > Device (Videomate C200 Plus) > Format Control

It seems to open a windows style box. I select 640x480 but it reverts back to 320x240

Also, within Settings > Device (Videomate C200 Plus) > Change to device

the drop down list shows about 10 various 320x240 resolutions with a few others that are lower.

How do i get a better quality image?

Cheers
John
Sc00by

Post by Sc00by »

does anyone have any ideas?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Which version of yawcam are you running? The most recent version is the official Yawcam 0.3.3 available on the homepage. This new version has a newer way of selecting resolution called "Change to Device" and it handles changing the resolution and making permanent a whole lot better than it's previous version the "Format Control".
Sc00by

Post by Sc00by »

i'm using the latest version and tried the device status bit but as i mentioned on the first post i dont get a resolution option higher than 320x240
Sc00by

Post by Sc00by »

I've faffed about with this for almost the whole weekend and got nowhere.

As mentioned before within format control it brings up the generic windows looking window with a whole range of resolutions, picking one, clicking apply and OK seems to work but going back into the menu shows that it has defaulted to 320x240.

Within Change to Device i see lots of resolutions but they are all the same (320x240) selecting one other than the default causes yawcam to crash.

I am running the latest yawcam 0.3.3
XP fully patched and uptodate
latest java
Videomate C200 Plus with the latest drivers

I have this hooked upto a camera in a birdbox and noticed some nesting activity but the quality is too poor to make anything out. :(

Help Please!!!!??

Cheers
John :cry:
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I don't know it this is the case with the video mate drivers, but some drivers don't report back all the image sizes when an external software asks for them. This means that you can change the image size with the native format control for the driver, but the image size can not be saved and will be lost next time you connect to the camera.

In my opinion this is just bad drivers...

If you get different results when looking at the image sizes under "Change to device..." and "Format control" I would say you have this problem...

/malun
Sc00by

Post by Sc00by »

many thanks for the reply.

that's a pity. but powerdirector that comes with the card works fine. What's the difference?

Is there any generic drivers or any hack that can be done to force resolution?

I don't want to go and buy another capture card to find i have the same problem.
Sc00by

Post by Sc00by »

Would someone be able to give a few examples of capture cards that would be compatible with this?

I dont want to go and buy another to find I'm in the same situation.

thanks
John