No HTTP access when running as service

Report and discuss bugs here!
daveb

No HTTP access when running as service

Post by daveb »

Using version 0.3.4: When run as a service, files are created locally, but HTTP access does not work. However, after logging in, stopping the service, and running Yawcam as an user application, HTTP access is fine.

If it matters: WinXP Home, sp2, with PC has 2 network connections, one wired, one wifi. No apparent difference if the wired connection is disabled (which is the usual case) as in this log file:

[11:44] Yawcam started
[11:44] Settings loaded
[11:44] Language: English
[11:44] File-output started
[11:44] Http-output started
[11:44] UPNP: Found device D-Link Internet Access Router D-Link Router
[11:44] UPNP: Port 8888/TCP mapped to 192.168.0.104

When run as a service, and from the computer at that IP address, I can access the webcam at that address (after appending the port number, of course). However, it is inaccessible from the IP provided by my ISP. When run as an application, the webcam is accessible via either IP address, from that computer, or from one at a different router-assigned IP address, or from others (e.g. friends at their homes).

Thanks in advance!
Dave
kvrajan

HTTP not working when running as service.

Post by kvrajan »

Hi.

I have the same problem - setup exactly same as this - identical to the one mentioned here.

When I try with the http://localhost:portno it works fine. But if I try from another computer in the same network with the IP:portno it does not.

But the interesting thing is, it works alright on my another desktop, which I did setup first. [I have 2 desktops with their own cameras connected].

I have compared the settings between the two and could not find any diff.

.ps. This happens in 0.3.3 version, not the Beta.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

It's probably your firewall that stops access to the page when Yawcam runs as a service.

When Yawcam is running as a service, there is a different .exe file starting Yawcam. This means that you also will have add the service start file to your firewall.

If you installed Yawcam to C:\Program Files\Yawcam you will find the service start file here:
C:\Program Files\Yawcam\Yawcam_Service.exe
This file also need permissions in your firewall.

/malun