[SOLVED] Issues with running as service.

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
kvrajan

[SOLVED] Issues with running as service.

Post by kvrajan »

Hi.
Interestingly, I have done the settings as given in the guideline and got it working fine in one of my desktops. Absolutely working fine, without having to log on to the system, as the service starts with windows & runs fine.

In contract, when I had replicated the same settings in my other desktop, it does not work as good as the first PC. The service gets started with wondows and runs, but I'm NOT able to view the Camera output from the local network as well as from outside the network. When I log into the system, I can see the service running. If I stop it and invoke the Yawcam pgm, then it works nicely and I can view the camera from anywhere.

Have compared both the settings and it appears to be identical. Certainly, I'm missing something in the second PC.

Both PCs are using their own cameras and no sharing of any kind.

Could someone point out what it could be ? Thanks in advance.
kvrajan

Issues with running as service - Issue closed.

Post by kvrajan »

Hi..

I found the solution myself. It is an interesting discovery that the Windows Firewall was not opened for YawCam and the ports which are used for streaming the video.

As I could view the streaming with localhost:portno, but not from the network, after exploring so many things, I figured out it is the Windows Firewall that was blocking.

Interestingly, when the Yawcam is loaded normally under an user, this Firewall did allow streaming over the network.

This can be closed and left for reference purpose of other members.