Yawcam switching Webcams

Report and discuss bugs here!
z3r0c00l12

Yawcam switching Webcams

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Yawcam: 0.3.3
Cameras: Integrated Webcam and Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000

The issue that I just got makes me wonder if the Yawcam settings file should be more specific when saving settings. I had Yawcam running with the integrated camera streaming. And using the VX-3000 as needed with other applications. I recently unplugged the VX-3000 and plugged it back in. After a restart, Yawcam was using the VX-3000 as it's default cam instead of the integrated one. Since I run Yawcam as a service, I usually just edit the settings file directly, so I knew when saving Cam 1 and CamFormat 4 it meant the integrated camera with a specific 320x240 format. After the reboot, the settings file still had Cam 1 and Format 4, but now it was streaming the VX-3000 at 160x120 instead. I unplugged the VX-3000, restarted the Yawcam service and it was back to the integrated webcam. This is kind of annoying so i thought, maybe if Yawcam actually saved the "cam" property to the actual name of the camera this issue would be solved.

Anyone else has any ideas?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I like the idea, but I'm afraid there could be some problems when identical cameras are connected to the computer at the same time.
I'll keep this in mind and see what I can do in the future.

/malun