Editing Yawcam Webpage

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
rhino83

Editing Yawcam Webpage

Post by rhino83 »

I cant seem to figure out how to edit my webcam page. I want to change the "It's a webcam!" header and also add a second video stream with a second instance.

My problem is that when I open the index.txt under the "www" folder, I can change the "it's a webcam text" and save it but when i go to my page it is not changed.

A little more info on what i've done...... I'm using windows 7 so I had to get "ultimate windows tweaker" to get access to saving this file after i edited it. So, I just right clicked on this file and clicked "take permission." Now it lets me save the changes.

Any help on this would be great. Thanks!
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

For the changes to take effect, they have to be saved and then Yawcam started. If Yawcam was started prior to saving the file, it won't take effect until you close and re-open Yawcam.

Also, there are multiple locations where you can find the index.html file to edit. Can you specify which one you edited?

In order to be able to edit the file, you need Administrator rights in most cases. In Windows Vista and 7, UAC blocks administrative actions even if you are logged in as an administrator. The best solution would be to run Notepad, or whatever application you use as an administrator. You will find the option by right-clicking on it.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yawcam uses the file copied to the .yawcam directory in your home folder.

In windows vista or windows 7 this could typically be:
C:\Users\username\.yawcam\www\index.html
and in windows 2000 or windows xp:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\.yawcam\www\index.html

where username is the name of the account you are using.

This file can be edited without administrator rights.

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Oh, I forgot. The file I talked about in the previous post is used when Http output is enabled.
If you want to use stream output you will have to edit the template files in the "stream" folder.

/malun
theoldschool

Re: Editing Yawcam Webpage

Post by theoldschool »

This is going back a bit but I've recently reinstalled Yawcam on a new PC and I want to change the "It's a webcam!" on the stream output but I can't find it in any of the 4 template files in the "stream" folder:
template_ja.html
template_js.html
template_mjpg.html
template_wm.html
I've changed it OK for http output by changing index.html
Am I missing something?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I believe you will find it in the stream settings in Yawcam itself. There's a variable in the HTML file that gets replaced with the string in the settings, which happens to be "it's a webcam".
theoldschool

Post by theoldschool »

Long time since my last post!
I've recently set up a live stream from my Bird Box and am trying to change "It's a webcam!" to some other text - I tried last year but must have given up!
z3r0c00l12 suggested that it's in the HTML file in Yawcam itself but the only HTML files I can find with "It's a webcam!" in Yawcam (not the .yawcam folder) is in the folderC:\Program Files\www\ these being index.html and update.html both of which I've changed to no avail apart from successfully changing the HTTP output.
Can anybody suggest what else I can try?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

The "It's a webcam!" text is actually in the settings, under Stream -> Page Designer.
theoldschool

Post by theoldschool »

Thanks, it's so simple - I was looking in the program files!!