UPNP detailed error 501

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
mslcnc

UPNP detailed error 501

Post by mslcnc »

What does this mean and how can I fix it? :(

Complete text from the console.
UPNP: Error - Detailed error code :501, Detailed error description :Action Failed

XP OS
portforward.com reported all working (can not ping router)
I am online per Yawcam
I could see the cam from external for a few minutes - now I am getting nothing. Google was not any help. Serch here did not provide a result that applied.
Laura Boivin

Re: UPNP detailed error 501

Post by Laura Boivin »

mslcnc wrote:What does this mean and how can I fix it? :(

Complete text from the console.
UPNP: Error - Detailed error code :501, Detailed error description :Action Failed

XP OS
portforward.com reported all working (can not ping router)
I am online per Yawcam
I could see the cam from external for a few minutes - now I am getting nothing. Google was not any help. Serch here did not provide a result that applied.
Do you mean that when you click on "Am I online" in the Edit Settings, it is showing you an error?
I just finished installing mine & while it is still fresh in my mind, I might be able to help you.
mslcnc

Post by mslcnc »

The error displays in the Yawcam console tab.
Image then scroll down to Yawcam - Console.

The program displays the camera preview for a few minutes - the picture goes black. If I try to refresh - the application closes.

The error meesage only shows up in the console.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

mslcnc wrote:The error displays in the Yawcam console tab.
Image then scroll down to Yawcam - Console.

The program displays the camera preview for a few minutes - the picture goes black. If I try to refresh - the application closes.

The error meesage only shows up in the console.
Oddly enough, this happened to me yesterday. I searched all over the Internet for an answer & didn't find one, other than it was not my doing & that it had something to do with the website.

That was easy enough to understand with the hiccups Yawcam was having, but, in trying to fix it, I reset my router & I don't know if that's what fixed it, but it's gone now.

Are you still seeing the error message?
mslcnc

Post by mslcnc »

I have not had an issue since the next day. The camera started working and visable from my website. All is OK for me. :D