FTP: out.jpg and out.jpg.tmp just sit there - help!

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
paddy

FTP: out.jpg and out.jpg.tmp just sit there - help!

Post by paddy »

When I first fire up Yawcam or change settings "out.jpg" is FTPed to my website, but it just sits there as out.jpg.tmp - if I delete or rename the existing out.jpg (which is usually the offline image) then the tmp file is renamed to out.jpg, a new .tmp file is FTPed every two minutes, and there they sit, as far as I can see, forever!

I have set the timing from 1 second to 120 seconds (2 minutes?) but still no joy.

I must be missing something (maybe a brain?). Why does the file called out.jpg just sit there? Perhaps I should point the webpage link to "out.jpg.tmp"?

Thanks

Paddy
tinman

i have the same problem

Post by tinman »

have you found a solution yet?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

No, you shall not point to out.jpg.tmp. Apparently something goes wrong.
Please check that you have the right permissions on your ftp server to both overwrite and rename files.

You can also try if this small fix makes things better:
http://www.yawcam.com/beta/yawcam_ftp_f ... -03-23.zip
(Unzip to your yawcam directory and replace all files)

/malun
tinman

still got problems...

Post by tinman »

have unzipped the files and copied them to the yawcam directory...but it still shows offline pic when i point the url to out.jpg...i can rename files using ws ftp LE so i presume i have the correct permissions on my isps server?

http://www.gardencarealva.fsbusiness.co.uk/update.html
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

i can rename files using ws ftp LE so i presume i have the correct permissions on my isps server?
Yes, then you should have the right permissions.

I really can't figure out why this happens... I think it's weird that out.jpg stays as the offline image all the time. What happens if set the settings in yawcam so that yawcam doesn't upload a offline image when the cam goes offline?

If you want to help me a bit further you can download an additional startfile for yawcam that creates a log file with debug info.
Get the file here:
http://www.tmp.yawcam.com/yaw_debug.bat

Save it in your yawcam directory and start yawcam by doubleclicking on this file. Run yawcam for a while and then look in the yawcam directory for a file named debug_log.txt. Send this file in an email to me.
This file could perhaps help me figure out what goes wrong.

/malun
tinman

will try....

Post by tinman »

the log file and the other setting again....i tried it before and sometimes i got the last pic from yawcam frozen and others I got a box with a red cross in it...
tinman

tried removing the offline pic...

Post by tinman »

but it still seems to be left on the server as it is still showing.

I have installed the bug fix from your earlier post and am using windows xp (home) with 500mb RAM with an 18000xp proccessor. Firefox ver 1.02 and IE both show the same.

I have tried emptying the browser cache and turning my pc off for 20 minutes to get rid of anything resident in memory but still the same.....this makes me think that the offline pic is not being refreshed on the server for some reason....

I will install the debug tool and see what that throws up...
tinman

typing error

Post by tinman »

for 18000 read 1800xp....
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Thanks. I got your mail with your debug log, but haven't had time to look at it yet. I just wanted to say that I haven't forgot you... I will try to look at it and answer soon.

/malun
jack

out.jpg

Post by jack »

hello tinman did you got your answer yet? i have the same problem too? can you help?

Post by guest »

I have the same problem.... Is there any solution?

Post by guest »

(i'm the same guest as above) I omitted the problem by writing out{2}.jpg in the file name and on my webpage I link to out0.jpg
jack

out.jpg

Post by jack »

hello guest, did you write out{2}.jpg in the filename or out0.jpg?