yawcam service wont work if using manycam please help

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
scobie

yawcam service wont work if using manycam please help

Post by scobie »

I know this is the Yawcam forum but I hope you will bear with me

If you use Yawcam as service you cannot access your webcam as a source for manycam.

If you setup your cam for manycam as source, Yawcam service wont work as it needs manycam to be started to access the webcam.

I considered running Yawcam in normal mode but the splash screen gives the game away and the splashscreen can't be disabled

I want to run Yawcam in service but also use manycam for other aps but this does not seem possible

Any advice appreciated

congrats for providing a fantastic product
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Newer versions of manycam use a "per user" camera driver so when yawcam is ran as a service, it tries to use manycam as a service as well, which won't work. I reverted back to version 2.4.X of manycam which uses a "per system" camera driver that still works with Yawcam.

I believe I already posted this on the Manycam forums too. If you can't find the setup to manycam 2.4.X, let me know I will upload it to my website.
scobie

Post by scobie »

z3r0c00l12 wrote:Newer versions of manycam use a "per user" camera driver so when yawcam is ran as a service, it tries to use manycam as a service as well, which won't work. I reverted back to version 2.4.X of manycam which uses a "per system" camera driver that still works with Yawcam.

I believe I already posted this on the Manycam forums too. If you can't find the setup to manycam 2.4.X, let me know I will upload it to my website.
Thanks for the quick response I had searched this forum and the manycam forum without success so appreciate your patience.
I have uninstalled manycam and installed manycam 2.4.69
My webcam is showing as source in manycam but Yawcam reports that it "could not connect to device" when i select my camers so I appear to have the same issue as before.
I am so close to achieving Yawcam as service and manycam as stand alone it is frustrating, have spent two days trying to get things to work so anymore help would be appreciated
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Did you restart your computer after installing manycam? it sounds like something is still connected to your camera, preventing manycam from connecting to it.
scobie

Post by scobie »

z3r0c00l12 wrote:Did you restart your computer after installing manycam? it sounds like something is still connected to your camera, preventing manycam from connecting to it.
I have now restarted computer
stopped yawcam service,selected my camera as source for yawcam video now showing on Yawcam.
Started manycam which now reports "Can't connect to video source"so the problem has just transferred from Yawcam to anycam?
Any further suggestions appreciated
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

If Yawcam is running, manycam won't work, you need to start manycam first, and make sure Yawcam is set to use manycam.

Stop Yawcam.
Open the camera in manycam.
Start yawcam while manycam is displaying the camera.
Set Yawcam to "manycam" camera and you should be good to go.
scobie

Post by scobie »

z3r0c00l12 wrote:If Yawcam is running, manycam won't work, you need to start manycam first, and make sure Yawcam is set to use manycam.

Stop Yawcam.
Open the camera in manycam.
Start yawcam while manycam is displaying the camera.
Set Yawcam to "manycam" camera and you should be good to go.
Thanks again
Now have it working with yawcam in service, using manycam as a virtual source for Yawcam.
What was not clear, to me anyway, is that (obviously) you now have to be logged into your computer before yawcam in service works, where as before yawcam worked as soon as you started up your computer which was an awesome feature as you could stream even when just the login page was displayed.
One final question if I may
Once you are up and running, if some one unplugs the webcam you obviously loose signal and end up with a paused picture
If the cam is then reconnected you have to reboot the computer to regain the video.
Is there anyway around this
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Once the camera is reconnected, you can stop and start the yawcam service and the camera will be back.
scobie

Post by scobie »

Many thanks for your help and patience in this matter, brilliant support.
This is an awesome programme which i am sure will keep improving