The configuration of the camera.

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Elena921

The configuration of the camera.

Post by Elena921 »

Sorry for my English-translated with Google.
I tried to configure the camera c ip address 192.168.1.3 on the laptop msi u100 and router d-link dsl 2600u with ports Http: 888 and Stream: 887 different ways. For example

and

Have you seen these messages

or

But the browser will not open these pages !

Please tell me what's the problem!
Thank you.
memoric

Post by memoric »

What's with the Virtual Server? Have you tried enabling UPNP in yawcam? It's under
"Settings>Edit Settings>Connection>Use UPNP to open ports on router".
(Remove the other ports that you added in your router's NAT>Virtual Server.)
Then go to:
"Settings>Edit Settings>Stream"
&
"Settings>Edit Settings>Http"
& set the ports that you want for them.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Actually, since you know how to configure the virtual server, I'd recommend using that over UPnP. When using UPnP, you rely on the fact that both Yawcam will be able to communicate to your router and that your router will be able to understand Yawcam's communications. UPnP is not a very reliable protocol. Setting your NAT to port forward manually is much more reliable.

Some routers will not work with the public IP address, so instead of 95.52.21.109:30, try your local ip address, such as 192.168.1.4:30 or if you are on the computer itself "localhost:30" would work too.
memoric

Post by memoric »

There might be a problem with the VS though. Some routers (like mine, a Sagem one)
assign different LAN IPs to the attached devices every time they are switched off & on.
Mine doesn't have an option to give a specific IP to a specific MAC address. So if I
redirect traffic from port 8081 to 192.168.2.4 (my computer that runs yawcam) & I
switch off & on the router, 192.168.2.4 might be my mobile! & since I have 11 devices
attached, you can imagine the mess! :P
But it's a bit old router, newer ones may have that problem solved. Dunno, just
pointing out a possible problem.