Two C270's not working

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
tux

Two C270's not working

Post by tux »

Hello

I run a WAMP webserver and I am streaming two webcams on it with iframes. This works perfect with two different webcams, but when I'm using two identical webcams, only one works.

This is how I'm doing it: I have two yawcams installed which run as a service. They are both running on different ports so no problems there. I also allowed "yawcam.exe" and "yawcam_service.exe" twice in the Firewall. I have 3 webcams: two Logitech C270's and a Playstation Eyetoy. When I stream one C270 and the Eyetoy everything works. When i stream both the C270's, only one is working and the other one just freezes or gives a black screen. I can chose between C270 #1 and C270 #2 so yawcam recognizes both webcams.
Maybe it's because they both run on the same driver?
Anyone that's been having the same problem or might know the solution?

Greets tux
memoric

Post by memoric »

I had the same problem with two identical USB webcams. I installed one with
it's latest driver & the other one with an older driver. Later I added another
one of them with an even older driver & all of them were still working! So I
guess that your problem is that they use the same driver.
tux

Post by tux »

I tried to install 2 different drivers but when I install one of the drivers for one webcam, the other webcam automatically works on that driver as well. I'm working with the Device Manager and drivers 13.30 and 13.0.

Greets Tux
memoric

Post by memoric »

I forgot to mention that I did that "trick" with a USB hub, not with direct connection.
I can't really say if that has anything to do with getting that to work, so I don't
want to mislead you into buying a hub, but if you have one available give it a try.
Also, my system was Win XP.