New laptop but yawcam not working / starting

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Kelp

New laptop but yawcam not working / starting

Post by Kelp »

Hi all,
OK, I have used this sofware before and eventually installed it on my net book, but the netbook died on me so I have bought a new Fujisu laptop, Intel Core i3 with 6 GB of ram, good spec so I am not expecting any performance problems. I have Macafee installed as my virus protection and firewall. I installed the sofware no problem and set up what I wanted. I then went back to the prgram files and installed the service, again no problems. I re booted the computer just to make sure there was no problems, but it won't start. The service is running but the program does not start. I checked in the task manager and the service is running but the program is not. I tried to open the software manually from the program files, it starts and a window pops up for a brief second then dissapears, i then checked the task manager again and the service was still running but no program. In the brief second the program was on the page I could see all the options were disabled, despite having chosen and set up the options I wanted.
Any ideas?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

You should first stop the service, to free up the camera, then start the program.

There is a batch file in program files to stop the service.
Once you stopped the service, start the program. It should remain open, if it doesn't it may be minimizing to the taskbar at startup.

Turn on the features you want and then close yawcam.
Start the service and everything should be running just fine.
DylanGarsidezz

Re: New laptop but yawcam not working / starting

Post by DylanGarsidezz »

Kelp wrote:Hi all,
OK, I have used this sofware before and eventually installed it on my net book, but the netbook died on me so I have bought a new Fujisu laptop, Intel Core i3 with 6 GB of ram, good spec so I am not expecting any performance problems. I have Macafee installed as my virus protection and firewall. I installed the sofware no problem and set up what I wanted. I then went back to the prgram files and installed the service, again no problems. I re booted the computer just to make sure there was no problems, but it won't start. The service is running but the program does not start. I checked in the task manager and the service is running but the program is not. I tried to open the software manually from the program files, it starts and a window pops up for a brief second then dissapears, i then checked the task manager again and the service was still running but no program. In the brief second the program was on the page I could see all the options were disabled, despite having chosen and set up the options I wanted.
Any ideas?
Try to restarting your laptop then rerun the software.
Kelp

Post by Kelp »

Tried those things and it still won't start.
Kelp

Post by Kelp »

I have also given the service and x86.exe full access in ||Macafee with the net guard off, still no joy. Is there an idiot proof version of this set up and installation. Like i said, I had it working before but can't remember what I did to make that happen. |Help an idiotout??
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

If you like, I can try and help you out through Teamviewer. We would both need to be available at the same time though.
Kelp

Post by Kelp »

I will take any help I can, I have no idea where to go from here. I don't know where you are in the world but it is 21:10 where I am. any help you can give would be appreciated. I will be on line for another hour or so then back on line 10 hours after that. I am in Sao Paulo Brazil if that helps with the time zones.
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I sent you a PM.
Kelp

Post by Kelp »

Still not working, anyone any ideas?????
retex

Post by retex »

I have the same problem here . Is there a way to solve this please ?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

As I offered Kelp, we can use teamviewer to find the problem and fix it.
retex

Post by retex »

z3r0c00l12 wrote:As I offered Kelp, we can use teamviewer to find the problem and fix it.
Thanks ! It's Ok for me . When do you want to do this ?
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Send me a PM and we will schedule a time on gmail or skype.
retex

Post by retex »

My problem was solved by z3r0c00l12 by using teamviewer, had to re-install java.
Thenx z3r0c00l12 ! Great helper !