Which favicon.ico?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
rowdyplace

Which favicon.ico?

Post by rowdyplace »

I'm running three (3) cams and therefore three installations of Yawcam - the best camera software available...
In the task bar, I see three identical icons (sitting side by side) showing the current running of the three installations.
I want to edit the icon associated with each installation to superimpose a unique (1, 2, or 3) number on top of the factory icon. This will aid me in knowing which iteration of the program to address - if needed.

I find several files named "favicon.ico" within the individual /program files/yawcam directory as well as in the /yawcamsettings directory for each installation of Yawcam

Which one(s) do I need to edit?

T I A !!
z3r0c00l12

Re: Which favicon.ico?

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I'm not sure the icon in the system tray is from the favicon, I'll have a look at it when I get home. But I think you'll need resource hacker in order to modify the icon in the .exe file.
rowdyplace

Post by rowdyplace »

Thanks for the quick reply. Don't put too much effort into this.
My good idea is beginning to look too hard for me. Noticing the existance of multiple graphic favicon files, I just concluded the program would "call" one for display...
(Guess which one of us is NOT a programmer...)

Keep up the good work!!
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

If you used the default path when installing Yawcam the icon to change would be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Yawcam\img\yawcam.ico

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Please note that this is a .ico that contains several images in different sizes.
You will need a special editor to modify the file.
It might work with a web service like http://www.xiconeditor.com/.

/malun
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

Good to know. I usually use IcoFX for modifying/creating icons.

You can get it here: http://icofx.ro/
rowdyplace

Post by rowdyplace »

IcoFX did the trick. That, along with the information pertaining to the correct location of the symbol, allowed me to do what I wanted.

Thanks Folks!! Yawcam (and its support) just cannot be beat!!!
theoldschool

Post by theoldschool »

I also have multiple instances of Yawcam running & was also looking for a solution whereby I could tell which icon was which in the system tray and tried your suggestion but it didn't work but then it did work when I modified the tray.png file rather than the yawcam.ico file