cant get live stream to work with mifi router

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
tricitydeals

cant get live stream to work with mifi router

Post by tricitydeals »

The internal links work but external doesn't. I played around with the port forwarding but no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks
tricitydeals

Re: cant get live stream to work with mifi router

Post by tricitydeals »

I believe I found the answer from a Verizon forum;
"All verizon 4G LTE devices receive a private IP (10.0.0.0/8) address and are natted. Because of this your hotspot does not have a unique public IP address. Without a public ip you will be unable to access the device from the internet. " I would have to get a static IP from them.

Does this sound right or is there something else I can do?
tricitydeals

Post by tricitydeals »

i tried getting this work at home with no luck. I followed the instructions but have no idea what im doing. I installed the port forward setup static ip address application, I added 3 rules in the port forwarding section of port forwarding on my home router (Verizon mi424wr). I allowed the laptop that has the webcam with port 8081 tcp and then with 8888 tcp and 8081 udp. Any other suggestions?
tricitydeals

Post by tricitydeals »

I go to "am I online" and everything is green. I click on the external links and it says the camera is offline. Internal links work.
Thomas Acid

Post by Thomas Acid »

tricitydeals wrote:I go to "am I online" and everything is green. I click on the external links and it says the camera is offline. Internal links work.
External links don't work inernally. Internal links don"t work externally.
http://yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... ding#p4048