sound

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
jp

sound

Post by jp »

is yawcam recording some noises as well, during install it claims to have discovered an audio device. Problem is that I don't hear anything
. Microfone is working ( I can hear myself through speakers of PC with yawcam, but not remote)
JP
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

No, Yawcam doesn't have any support for audio. (Even though one can read something about audio during the installation...)
It feels like I have to fix the "image-part" before I start to add sound :-P

Hmm... Do you really hear yourself in the speakers when Yawcam is running? Strage. This isn't anything I have implemented... :wink:

Is there anyone else that can hear sound in the speakers when Yawcam runs? (I can't....)

/malun
jph

Post by jph »

I'm confusing you, that has nothing to do with yawcam it just indicates that my microphone is connected properly and that it is set to record sounds.
Sound is not a priority for me, I was just wondering
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Well, I'm very easily confused :D
Just like you, I think that sound has a rather low priority right now.

/malun
Jaap

Post by Jaap »

Hello Magnus,

Just found YawCam and think it has great potential!! In fact I am organising a worldwide simracing league (http://www.gpchampionship.com) and we organise online races. We would like to provide our viewers realtime coverage of the races. You can guess what I'm interested in: sound :)

It would be soooo awesome to be able to stream video with the webcam driver (of the race) together with the sound (also think of streaming live audio of someone reporting the race progress). For me, that would make YawCam THE killer application.

Would this by any chance be possible?

Kind regards,

Jaap
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I'm sorry, but I still don't have any plans on implementing sound in the near future.
One big problem is that I think there will be performence issues when implementing sound in java. So maybe sound isn't so interesting before Yawcam is ported to c++. ...and that will take time. :(

/malun

Post by Guest »

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for your answer. I can understand your thoughts. No problem. Great work on your efforts with Yawcam though :) Keep it up!
bigjoe219

speakers

Post by bigjoe219 »

no noise here...runs very good