Why not an AUDIO Streaming option ?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
mrandi

Why not an AUDIO Streaming option ?

Post by mrandi »

With this great software i can control my home from office, thank you very much, but the top is an option for the audio streaming, why not ?

Regards
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Yes, audio streaming would be very nice. I hope I can add that in a future version. However it is all a matter of time and priority...
I felt like I had to focus on the image functions first before I started to play with sound. But some day, I can't say when, Yawcam will hopefully be able to stream audio too.

/malun
brandonjg

Post by brandonjg »

Yawcam is a very impressive little application. I'm amazed you are giving it away for free Malun. For me audio is a big enough requirement that I would be willing to donate if that feature was added. Keep up the good work. I really like everything that has been done already and would love to help beta test for an audio streaming option.

In the mean time, does anyone know of a seperate mic audio streaming applet that could be run along side of this.
scjessey

Post by scjessey »

brandonjg wrote:In the mean time, does anyone know of a seperate mic audio streaming applet that could be run along side of this.
I'm not sure about a separate option, but you can always stream live audio and video for free with the Windows Media Encoder.
kieranmullen

Post by kieranmullen »

I would be willing to donate for recording video to AVI file with audio as well.

Otherwise the application doesn't fit my needs.

I have searched the archives before asking about sound and sound has been asked about since 2004.

Thank you anyhow. I will subscribe tot his thread in the hopes that some day things may change.
wwazman

Post by wwazman »

I'm also a fan of wanting to stream audio. My particular webcam has a microphone built into it (Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000, provided by Comcast) which delivers EXCELLENT sound quality and clarity.

Very willing to donate if that can be accomplished soon?

also, hello fellow Oregonians! :D
Cyberdactyl

Post by Cyberdactyl »

Yes, sound is a missing component that would make this great little app comparable to purchased software.
EndingPop

Post by EndingPop »

I agree! Sound streams would be nice too!
Comrad

Re: Why not an AUDIO Streaming option ?

Post by Comrad »

Hello everyone!
Any news about sound support?
malun
Site Admin

Re: Why not an AUDIO Streaming option ?

Post by malun »

Sorry, still no audio.

/malun