Connect to an IP (network) webcam

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
EricE

Connect to an IP (network) webcam

Post by EricE »

Hi, can anybody tell me if it is possible to use Yawcam for an IP webcam?
I'm using an Axix 207MW webcam in an office network. I assigned the camera an IP address in our range. I can see the webcam in my internet browser. But Yawcam does not detect the camera, nore can I find anywhere where to put in an IP address for the cam.
Can anybody help me? Many thanks! :)
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I haven't tried this myself, because I haven't got an axis ip-camera.
But If you download and install "DirectShow source filter for Axis network video cameras" located here: http://www.umediaserver.net/download.html

you should be able to let yawcam connect to the axis ip camera.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

/malun
EricE

Post by EricE »

:D Great! I'm on holiday now, but I'll give it a try as soon as I'm back again. Many thanks and Happy New Year already!
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

I'm now also owner of an Axix 207MW and can report that the DirectShow source filter works together with Yawcam and the camera.

The filter will sometimes stop the stream when the "Device properties" has been changed, but starts again if you select the filter as source again. Just click: "Settings -> Device (UAxisVideo) -> Change to -> UAxisVideo".

/malun
EricE

Post by EricE »

Dear Malun,
Thanks for you info. The only thing I'm wondering is that in the information they specify that only 320x240 or 640x480 resolution is supported. But as you know thea camera can deliver up to 1280x1024.
What happens then?
btw; I did not have succes in getting it to work so far.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Oh yes, I forgot that part. The image is scaled down to 640x480 :cry:
Are you still having troubles getting it to work?

/malun
EricE

Post by EricE »

Yep, still no luck. But anyhow, if the image is scaled down to 640x480, it's no use to me. The reason I bought is this camera is because of the high-res. Scaling it down again would then be silly, right? :(
Meanwhile btw I found another (commercial) program that does the trick: http://www.visiongs.de/
OK, it costs around 20 euro, but it does the job right.
Too bad, yawcam doesn't. I really liked the simplicity of it.