Motion Detection Archive

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
pegasus1

Motion Detection Archive

Post by pegasus1 »

When using the Motion Detection feature is it possible to save the .jpg files as an array.

At present, the .jpg files are stored as a static name or with a dynamic name. When using the dynamic feature the .jpg files are sequentially saved. It would be good to save only the last 10 (say) and then overwite the older .jpg files.

Is it possible to save the .jpg file as a thumbnail and also a high quality .jpg.

This would apply to "save" and the "FTP" option.
tellmewhy

Re: Motion Detection Archive

Post by tellmewhy »

pegasus1 wrote:When using the Motion Detection feature is it possible to save the .jpg files as an array.

At present, the .jpg files are stored as a static name or with a dynamic name. When using the dynamic feature the .jpg files are sequentially saved. It would be good to save only the last 10 (say) and then overwite the older .jpg files.

Is it possible to save the .jpg file as a thumbnail and also a high quality .jpg.

This would apply to "save" and the "FTP" option.
Those option are available in Yawcam right now.
You can use different variables in file names and directory names.
So if you want you can create (automaticly) a map on your computer every day.
The following variables can be used in the filename:

{date} - The date on format YYYY-MM-DD
{dateY} - The year on format YYYY
{dateM} - The month on format MM
{dateD} - The day on format DD
{tstamp} - A time stamp on format HH.MM.SS
{tstampH} - The current hour (24 clock) on format HH
{tstampM} - The current minute on format MM
{tstampS} - The current second on format SS
{X} - Saves the X last images. (i.e. pic0.jpg to picX.jpg, where the latest image has the lowest number.) Replace X with the number of pictures you want to be saved.
{num} - Save an unlimited number of images with an increasing number in the filename. (The latest image has the highest number.)
{numX} - Same as {num} but the X specifies with how many digits the number shall be printed with. For example img_{num3}.jpg will produce images with names img_000.jpg, img_001.jpg, img_002.jpg and so on.

How to use ?
See Yawcam - On-line help.
See also this : Few Suggestions: snapshot before detection/folder structure thread.
pegasus1

Post by pegasus1 »

Thank you for quick response.

I am to use the above syntax codes under Settings> Output> File but this is only when you want to upload .jpg at a set interval.

I am unable to use the {x} feature within the Motion Detection menu. The only options that seem to work are the time stamps.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

You can use the same variables for FTP output too.
Read the Yawcam - On-line help.
Click the Info... button to see wich variables you can use.

pegasus1

Post by pegasus1 »

When in the Window >Motion Detection > Actions > Save File menu, the Info.. button does not show the {x} feature.

This feature is only shown in the Settings Menu (when you do an interval upload)

However, I have entered the following under the Save File option within the Motion Detection menu to see if it works.

C:\image{10}.jpg

(My requirement is to cyclically save the last 10 images.)

In the present config,

Whenever Motion is detected, a .jpg file is stored as image{10}.jpg.

However, when there is new motion, it overwrites the old photo (and does not save them as 1 to 10 which is my requirement)

I am using version 0.3.0>1 built 2007-06-11
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

Mon1018 wrote:Support your post!!
Care to explain a little ?
yeff

Incremental Motion FTP: I am having the exact same problem

Post by yeff »

This is awesome software but I'm having the same problem.
I am setting up a webcam for my tree frog.
He doesn't move much, so I just want to upload the last ten images that have been taken through motion detection and then link to those images on the website.

It is not possible (or at least too complicated to bother with) to link to the latest image when it's a filename like motion_2008-07-02_21.13.22_464.jpg. All I am looking for is the implementation of a feature that is already present in the main Yawcam window that is not available in the motion detection window.

When I type in "image{10}.jpg" in the Motion Detection FTP settings menu, instead of getting image_00 through image_10 like the regular ftp settings, I just get one image named "image{10}.jpg" that gets rewritten every time there is a motion event.

If there's any way to make this work that would be grand.