FTP error

Report and discuss bugs here!
wbecker

FTP error

Post by wbecker »

I have used the program for some days continuously and it works very well as compared to all the others I tried. Especially the FTP part is very stable and recovers from unavailability of the network.

Still it goes wrong on one point. After hours of operation the console announces the following (last two lines in red):

[09:17] Ftp-output stopped
[09:17] Ftp-output started
[09:17] Settings saved
[09:50] Ftp error: null
[09:59] Ftp error: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

Does anyone has the same experience? What could be the problem?

Best regards,
Wim
wbecker

FTP problem

Post by wbecker »

An addition:

Just disable and enable FTP in the user interface solves the problem but it doesn't recover automaticly.......
Hologram

Lots of FTP problems for me as well

Post by Hologram »

Can work for hours at a time then I get several ftp type errors.
I stop and restart and all is well for a while.
Helge

Post by Helge »

I have similar experiences:

I have downloaded 3 different webcam softwares and wanted to test them for use in my vacation house in Western Norway (to monitor the garden with parking area and the dock) so I can watch from home or anywhere really.

I have started to try out Yawcam as the first software on two computers with one webcam each, and Yawcam seems to hang/freeze after anything from a couple of days to one week.

I do unfortunately not have new and fast computers in my vacation house (old ones, "retired" from our home) so the computers are Pentium III, 500 MHz with 128 MB/256 MB ram running Win98SE. Yawcam seem to be heavy on recources on these computers?
Helge

Post by Helge »

The present setup I have for one of the webcams is an array with 90 pictures and an update range with new picture sent by ftp to a server every 3 minutes.

With this configuration the software hangs after approx. 3 days - every time. I have increased the update time interval to 5 minutes without changing the array size. Then the software hangs after approx 5 days.

Any connections here? I mean... freeze/hang after a certain number of pictures?