Problem frozen transfer FTP

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
pepito007

Problem frozen transfer FTP

Post by pepito007 »

Hello and first of all sorry because I am French and I use google translate to write this message.

I installed yawcam on a laptop with data transfer to ftp.

This one works correctly until a bug that I cannot explain. After a few hours (and probably openings/closures of sessions) I receive the same "freezed" image on my ftp server.

The only solution for it to work again is to open yawcam and put the camera on the computer.

It doesn't bother me when I'm there but when I'm on the move, I can't come back home to update the camera output...is this bug known to users? Is it possible to force the camera to always stay on the laptop? (there is however no other camera connected to the computer..).

Thanks for your help.

PS: attached the last photo of the bug that I receive every 2 seconds on my ftp
Attachments
exemple bug
exemple bug
image2022-12-29_14.43.46.jpg (108.75 KiB) Viewed 41043 times
forswarm

Re: Problem frozen transfer FTP

Post by forswarm »

pepito007 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:57 pm Hello and first of all sorry because I am French and I use google translate to write this message.

I installed yawcam on a laptop with data transfer to ftp.

This one works correctly until a bug that I cannot explain. After a few hours (and probably openings/closures of sessions) I receive the same "freezed" image on my ftp server.

The only solution for it to work again is to open yawcam and put the camera on the computer.

It doesn't bother me when I'm there but when I'm on the move, I can't come back home to update the camera output...is this bug known to users? Is it possible to force the camera to always stay on the laptop? (there is however no other camera connected to the computer..) doodle cricket

Thanks for your help.

PS: attached the last photo of the bug that I receive every 2 seconds on my ftp
This is really inconvenient. I also had the same problem when transferring data. Hope there is some solution.
malun
Site Admin

Re: Problem frozen transfer FTP

Post by malun »

If you have problems with a totally black or frozen image, please make sure that Windows doesn't disable the camera's USB port to save power.
Try with these settings.

1)
Open the Device Manager:
Right click on the Windows start icon/menu and then select Device Manager.

2)
Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers and for every USB Root Hub right click and select Properties.
devicemanager.png
devicemanager.png (22.51 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
3)
From the Power Management tab, ensure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked then click OK.
usb-root-power.png
usb-root-power.png (12.71 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
4)
Open the Control Panel. To do this, search for Control Panel in the search box or Windows start menu.

5)
Navigate to this path: Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options
Click on "Change Plan Settings" for the power plan you are using.
control-panel-power.png
control-panel-power.png (36.4 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
6)
Click on "Change advanced power settings"
power-plan.png
power-plan.png (22.92 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
7)
Expand the "USB selective suspend setting" and make sure it is Disabled then click OK.
power-advanced.png
power-advanced.png (21.59 KiB) Viewed 18159 times
8 )
Restart your computer!

/malun