Something very freaky

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
MartyK

Something very freaky

Post by MartyK »

For ages now I have left the cams on using my WAN ip to view remotely from work.

However today loads of IPs are showing up in the console window.

My only guess of a way round this is to use DUC or something?

Am I correct?

Can someone please help me with setting it up?

Cheers.
MartyK

Re: Something very freaky

Post by MartyK »

Ive actually justed out this no-ip thing but it still doesnt mask my IP. What I mean is yes u can view the camera through the new no-ip URL but also through the WAN ip. I want it to not be able to be viewed through the WAN ip but through the no-ip IP only.
MA_Angel

Re: Something very freaky

Post by MA_Angel »

MartyK wrote:...

My only guess of a way round this is to use DUC or something?

Am I correct?

Incorrect.
MartyK wrote:... can view the camera through the new no-ip URL but also through the WAN ip.
That's the purpose of a DDNS service like No-IP, and that's how it works--nothing abnormal here.
MartyK wrote:I want it to not be able to be viewed through the WAN ip but through the no-ip IP only.
That's not how a DDNS service works... cannot be done as such.

You can secure your Yawcam connection by setting up and using a strong password on the stream output so to restrict access. You can also configure your firewall(s) to whitelist your work IP(s) and/or blacklist the rogue IP(s). Having an open connection only invites unrestricted access, and hacking of your webcam to become another compromised IoT device in some DDoS botnet(s). FYI.