Suggestion for Motion Detection

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
zebra300760

Suggestion for Motion Detection

Post by zebra300760 »

In the motion detection --> motion events screen, a list of events is shown along with information about the event, such as time, duration, motion%, sensitivity and tolerance.

The sensitivy and tolerance seem to be what the current settings were when the motion was captured.

My suggestion is to add what the tolerance figure reached when the motion was captured. i.e.: If the tolerace exceeds the set value of 15%, then what did it reach. (Tolerance seems to be the figure that detection uses)

In this way, setup would be easier by being able to see what values they reach during motion, thus allowing a better mechanism to eliminate false alarms due to spurious motion, i.e.: wind

Just a thought !
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

The info looks like this:

Code: Select all

Date:            2006-08-19
Time:            17:19:05
Duration:        800ms
Motion:          27%
Tolerance:       20%
Sensitivity:     88%
-----------------------
Actions taken:

Sound played:
sound\camera.wav
You are right that the Tolerance and Sensitivity are the values used in the settings at the time when the motion occurred.
The Motion will however show how many percentages of the image that have changed compared to the image with no motion. An motion event will occur when the motion exceeds the Tolerance.

Sensitivity decides how sensitive Yawcam is for variation and color changes in the image.
Tolerance decides how much motion in the image that shall trigger the motion event.
Motion shows how much motion that actually triggered the motion event.
Duration is the length of the time while motion has exceeded the tolerance.

Isn't what you are asking for the same as what I call motion?

/malun
zebra300760

Post by zebra300760 »

It would appear so.

So tolerace is the % of pixels in the area defined that must change before a motion is detected.

Based on your figures attached, that would suggest that motion went into the RED by 7%?

Also, you would never expect to see motion% < tolerance%?
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

zebra300760 wrote:So tolerace is the % of pixels in the area defined that must change before a motion is detected.
Correct.
zebra300760 wrote:Based on your figures attached, that would suggest that motion went into the RED by 7%?
Correct.
zebra300760 wrote:Also, you would never expect to see motion% < tolerance%?
That's right. If that happens I have made something wrong...

/malun