Yawcam cannot see my webcam

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Gorlash

Yawcam cannot see my webcam

Post by Gorlash »

I've just installed a new webcam; it shows up in 'Devices and Printers' as:
Logitech HD Webcam C310

I'm trying to find *some* software which can actually interact with it, and am trying Yawcam.
However, this program does not appear to be aware of my device; it shows "IP Camera" and "USB Video Device", but neither of these is my webcam.
Is there a trick that I'm missing?? Or does this program just not work with my webcam?

gilfeath

Re: Yawcam cannot see my webcam

Post by gilfeath »

Unfortunately I have the same issue with a Uniden DB1 doorbell - same as Hikvision Doorbell and sold as many other brands. I can get it to work with Blue Iris but like the simplicity of Yawcam if I can get it to recognize the camera. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Frank
MA_Angel

Re: Yawcam cannot see my webcam

Post by MA_Angel »

Gorlash wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 am I've just installed a new webcam; it shows up in 'Devices and Printers' as:
Logitech HD Webcam C310

I'm trying to find *some* software which can actually interact with it, and am trying Yawcam.
However, this program does not appear to be aware of my device; it shows "IP Camera" and "USB Video Device", but neither of these is my webcam.
Is there a trick that I'm missing?? Or does this program just not work with my webcam?

Not sure if this has been resolved but the C310 should be detected and supported by Yawcam as my C910 works with Yawcam. Make sure you have Logitech's drivers installed. The only disadvantage is that Logitech bundles the drivers with a lot of bloatware which you may or may not find useful. Anyway, the software for the C310:

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/prod ... /downloads#

FYI.