Yawcam BETA 2010-01-31

Beta versions of Yawcam will be announced in this section. You are also welcome to discuss the beta versions in here.
malun
Site Admin

Yawcam BETA 2010-01-31

Post by malun »

Get the new beta release:
Yawcam_BETA_2010-01-31.exe (3,99 MB)

What's new since last official release?
- Fixed better controls to select video format. (No need for forcevideoformat.txt any more...)
- Added compatibility mode if native rendering fails.
- Added possibility to flip image.
- Fixed problem with black images on large image sizes.
- Fixed problem with old image when preview window was closed.
- Added option to release camera completely with text file hack: releasecamera.txt
- Better support for Chinese and Japanese language.
- Improved speed in internal webserver.
- Added fullscreen mode for preview.
- Added possibilty to keep aspect ratio for preview.

/malun
Last edited by malun on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vattz

Post by vattz »

and report? my comp:
Image flickers
After couple secs of flicking whole yawcam freezes
100% Cpu after inactivity... :s
oldie commin' soon

Edit: Oldie:
a) 1 time per 10 second it says.. "No device selected"
b) it still spams CPU to 100%, but in this case when NOTHING is active

Merge:
at both old and new comp System proces sits up from 40%+, java 17-40%, image flickers and yawcam hangs up (not on oldie) or yawcam shows "no device selected", spams CPU to 100% (even on new box)
dngood

Capture size problems

Post by dngood »

I'm still having problems getting it to consistently run any resoution other than the default. Most of the time I change to 640x480, only the top 1/4 of the capture window is live (the rest is black).

About 1 restart in 5, it works fine!

Dave.
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

I have downloaded & installed the Jan.31st Beta version on 2 computers, however I do find that it takes a long time for the webcam to open & most often, have to click on the address to re-start it for it to open.

Is there anything I can do in the program to speed things up & stop it from staying stuck in Offline?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you........Laura
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

@vattz:
So you still have a flickering image? I thought you got rid of that when updating java?
Not sure about the cpu usage. Do you still get 100% cpu usage when closing the preview window, and have all the output types disabled?
The system process is usually something the webcamera's driver is responsible for. Are you sure you are using the latest drivers for the webcam?

@dngood:
Does this happen even if you have saved the capture size so that it is initialized when Yawcam starts?

@Laura:
When I go to you webcam I see the "loading image" for about 2-3 seconds before the image stream starts. The first viewer that connects to your webcam will have a little longer waiting time before the stream starts. If there's already someone else viewing the time before the stream shows up will be a bit faster.
The image quality is good in your webcam. But it's not updating with so many frames per second. What kind of Internet connection are you using? What is maximum your upload speed?
You might want to try the new stream type "windows media". This will probably give you higher frames per second. To enable windows media streaming, you will have to create a text file called activatewindowsmedia.txt
More info about that here: http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1264
When the text file is created an extra stream option will be visible in Yawcam if you look here: "Settings -> Edit settings... -> Stream -> Stream type"

/malun
Laura Boivin

Post by Laura Boivin »

malun wrote:
@Laura:
When I go to you webcam I see the "loading image" for about 2-3 seconds before the image stream starts. The first viewer that connects to your webcam will have a little longer waiting time before the stream starts. If there's already someone else viewing the time before the stream shows up will be a bit faster.
Thank you...I didn't realize that about the first viewer. I have 3 computers here & decided to test your theory...yup, sure enough I saw a difference.
The image quality is good in your webcam. But it's not updating with so many frames per second.
I had reduced the FPS to 17...somewhere I got the idea that it should be reduced :?
What kind of Internet connection are you using? What is maximum your upload speed?
I have cable DSL & maximum upload according to a speed test shows 580kbps; that's hardly wonderful since I pay over $50 per month. I think I need to cal my ISP :x
You might want to try the new stream type "windows media". This will probably give you higher frames per second. To enable windows media streaming, you will have to create a text file called activatewindowsmedia.txt
More info about that here: http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1264
When the text file is created an extra stream option will be visible in Yawcam if you look here: "Settings -> Edit settings... -> Stream -> Stream type"

/malun
Thanks for the suggestion...I may try that if I find the stream not working well in the future. :)
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

@vattz:
Does this tip:
http://www.yawcam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4258#4258
make any difference for your "No device selected."-problem?

/malun