suggestion: sound befor taking picture

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
Boerge

suggestion: sound befor taking picture

Post by Boerge »

Hello,
I was trying to get some sort of a sound, before the picture is taken. Something like a beep 5 seconds ahead would do it...
My cam is monitoring a construction side and none would like to stay there with his hands in his pockets... :wink:
I do that at my house where I will later create a time laps video of the whole remodeling. Thanks !
z3r0c00l12

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

you could set the File output for Motion Detection to 2 pictures, seperated by 5000 seconds, and put the flood control to something higher then 5000 seconds, and also set the play sound action, then you would come home and only use every second picture. There would be a beep at the first picture which people would have their hands in their pockets, then 5 seconds later takes a second pic, but this time, they were ready for it.
Boerge

Post by Boerge »

Hi and thanks for that fast reply!
With motion detection I would only have pictures taken, whenever something happens; right?!
If I just take a picture every 5 min, I do have also times, where nothing happens... and I don't have to sort them out later.
I think, I prefer to have an option for a sound before taking one picture.
And maybe a visible countdown in the tray bar? maybe both is possible in a future version?
Anyway; I appreciate your reply and I will try and play with it. It might be a workaround for some time and do the deed.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

It would be possible to add a function that plays sound before a picture is taken in FTP or FILE output. I have added this to the suggestion list, but can't way when this could be done.
Thanks for your suggestion.

/malun
Boerge

Post by Boerge »

That's nice! Great! Thank you for considering!
Boerge

Re: suggestion: sound befor taking picture

Post by Boerge »

Hello, I was just wondering, if there are any news, regarding playing some sound before taking a picture...
Thank you!