IP cam recommendations?

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
scitex

IP cam recommendations?

Post by scitex »

What wifi cam can you suggest that has good, clear HD quality and easy setup with Yawcam?
GordonKerr

Re: IP cam recommendations?

Post by GordonKerr »

At this point I am just looking for an IP camera that will work. Works fine with my USB camera but fought for a whole day with a D-Link DSC-9366L and ended up taking it back as their support said it could not work
Ytrasss

Post by Ytrasss »

Same here. I just used the igeek bullet cam and got nowhere.
You can get the rtsp url streams here for various cameras:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=IeGeek#

I found the IP camera over ethernet laggy, which was surprising and my USB cameras have 170 degree lenses so was not that impressed with the expensive IP camera. Also wifi did not work at all with it.

I actually came here to ask the same question:

IP Camera, WIFI, 1080p, Streams as mjpeg, Night and Day vision, Any recommendations? Its a shame because the day/night vision was good.
theoldschool

Post by theoldschool »

I've been using Yawcam with a UCam247 IP Camera for many years with no problem and recently decided to buy another IP Camera. Needless to say, the UCam 247 is no longer available and like Ytrass I tried a ieGeek IP Camera but I can't connect it to Yawcam. I tried all the url streams I could find including those on the ispyconnect website but with no success.
The only significant difference I can see between the Ucam and iGeek cameras is that on the UCam stream setup page it refers to MJPEG quality and MJPEG is used in the url I use to connect (http://192.168.1.60:88/live/0/mjpeg.jpg) whereas the ieGeek video setup page has no reference to MJPEG, only a choice of 'baseline', mainprofile' or 'highprofile' which appear to be H.264 profiles so I assume that the ieGeek camera only offers H.264 encoding and not MJPEG.
Looking at an old post from Malun viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1535&hilit=KX+HCM280A he states "Yawcam only supports MJPEG IP cameras at the moment.". If this is the case then I don't think it's possible to connect my camera to Yawcam - can anybody confirm/deny this?
If it is the case then I'll need to find an IP camera as per the originator of this post. So far I've found this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Technaxx-IP-Ca ... B01NGYSSA0. Has anybody found any others or any experience with Technaxx IP cameras with Yawcam?
cond

Post by cond »

Just wondering how you guys got on? I'm in the market for a replacement Weather Camera and would prefer a PoE IP type and would love to hear what you all are using.

Cheers Cond