This is the best FREE Software

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
SirOund

This is the best FREE Software

Post by SirOund »

Your software is awsome malun, if i could just get it to work. It seems that the newer version has bugs in it ie streaming. If you can't get it to work soon could you post old versions? WAP browsing function would be way cool. If not every thing else would suffice. Thanks for your hard work. I know other companies charge big for these services, thanks for keeping it free. Good Luck,
SirOund :lol:
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Which version are you using and what kind of problems do you get?

The different beta versions are separated by the build date. So I need to know what build date your version has.

/malun
SirOund

Post by SirOund »

Thanks Malun. Yea ive used the latest beta 2-5-07. ive noticed that there is no room for forcing a public ip. maybe its already forced. i dont know what im talking about. I have upnp enabled and i can see myself behind the router but not from the web. On the matter of yaw_inst.exe file I cant get that to work either Ill research the forum more. ive already done the rigorous exercise of opening ports but im not perfect at that either ill stay in touch thanks for your help.
SirOund
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

There is no need to "force public ip" as before, in the latest beta this is solved automatically. Just check on the connection page (Settings -> Edit settings... -> Connection) that your public ip looks good.

Then use the function "Help -> Am I online?" to check if other people can see you.

You find more info on router configuration here:
http://www.yawcam.com/help/routerconfig.php

Also the new help file for the new version is here:
http://www.yawcam.com/help/help.php

/malun
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Oh, I almost forgot.

If you use upnp you can check in Yawcam's console if upnp is working.
Enable stream and then look in the console.

If the following lines is printed:

UPNP: Found device X
UPNP: Port 8081/TCP mapped to x.x.x.x

It should work...

On the other hand, the if you get one of the lines:

UPNP: Could not find any UPNP devices!
UPNP: Error

Something went wrong.

/malun
SirOund

Post by SirOund »

Hey Malun, i thought id try to get a little info from you. I noticed on my router D-Link DI-524 rev C there was a help tab on remote management. Interestingly I found that i can access my router from the internet. Right now i permit all external ip addresses to access my router. the funny thing is that it asks for a WAN ip address. I found that this address is very similar to the internat network ip address. I am hoping that you know how to remotely access a router. I cannot figure how to access it externally.
There's got to be some kind of url (is that the right word) that will allow me to access my router externally.
OK so to tie this all together, mabey that is how you access yawcam externally. With some special URL eg 78.125.121.3/x.x.x.x:8081 where the first number is my ip address and x.x.x.x:8081 is the remote management WAN ip address on yawcam port 8081. Please post a reply. If you can tell me how to remotely access my router you probably can tell me how to remotely access Yawcam. Thank You.
SirOund

Post by SirOund »

More food for thought. thanks for reviewing the above topic. Just to let you know, in response to your previous help, i have tried your solutions for finding mapped ip addresses in the console and everything looks good. Thanks for your help so far.

Here is another matter that i think has no relevency. I have VOIP service my network setup is this. Modem - VOIP Box - Router - Computers. I just wanted to tell you this in case your fans, me included, are confusing the matter by having VOIP. Thanks, SirOund
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

In general you can access a web interface from your browser by using the URL: (Yes, that's the right word)
http:// IP-ADDRESS-TO-COMPUTER-WITH-WEBSERVER : PORT

This is the way to access the built-in webserver in Yawcam. It opens a webserver with the image on port 8888 as default. So to access Yawcam's webserver with the image use:
http://public-ip-address-of-yawcam-computer:8888

To access the web interface of your router you need to know on which port number the web interface is running. Then just type http://ip-address:port in your browser.

Hmm... The voip box could make some problems...
Is the ip reported in "Settings -> Edit settings... -> Connection -> Public IP" the same as the external ip of your router?
Does the voip box have any ip by its own?

/malun
SirOund

Post by SirOund »

Malun, I apologize for all the trouble. I have fixed the problem and Yawcam is working flawlessly. The VOIP unit was the problem. it was in front of the router so I was not able to access the router remotely. I moved the VOIP box into "B" configuration behind the router and now i am up and running.

I was told by my phone company "SunRocket" that i may have compromised audio quality but i really don't think so. they say that 120 kbps (bits) is necessary for optimal audio. I have a 6 Mbps internet connection nominal runing at 3.5 Mbps actual and dont suspect any problems.

Thanks for your awsome software and I'll stay in touch.
SirOund!!!
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Great then all works as it should :D

/malun