yawcam mod needed (if possible)

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
vaske

yawcam mod needed (if possible)

Post by vaske »

I've been using your software for some time now, and it is -almost- what I need. However, there are things that I needed in the first place but your software couldn't perform.

Anyway, I was wondering if it's possible to change some options or modify them to make the software more adequate for meeting my specific needs.

I am not good at programming but I would like to use this software with a foot pedal which I designed myself. I work with electronics and use my webcam as a magnifier but I need my both hands free while welding etc.

These are the modifications I was thinking about:

1) When I open the program, I would like it to run in fullscreen immediately, in capture mode so that I don't have to click anywhere to enter it.

2) I need a hotkey on a keyboard to capture the screen instead of clicking on the -capture- button. (single key not a combination of keys such as alt+ctrl+???)

3) When I click on the capture button, a window pops up but I need it to be in fullscreen, 640x480.

4) I also need a hotkey for -save- and -close- (single key, not a combination)

5) When I click on -save- I want my jpg file saved in format ddmmyy-hhmmss WITHOUT any additional questions.

I believe this option could be of great use to the other users of your software as well.

Thank you in advance.
Vaske
Dragnier

Post by Dragnier »

i think the things you've stated are well outside the bounds of what Yawcam was intended for. Maybe you can visit one of the many freelance sites and look for a programmer there.
malun
Site Admin

Post by malun »

Most of your requests are too specific and won't be used by so many users. I'm sorry, but I will not add them on the todo list. Perhaps hotkeys, but with a quite low priority.

/malun