False alerts with windows in sight

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
carlohap

False alerts with windows in sight

Post by carlohap »

Hi everybody,

I am a new user to this forum. I have recently discovered this good piece of software and decided to test it and see if I can perform motion detection insight my living room (where my pc resides).

It works very well but I get two false alerts per day, one at 8am (when sunlight spans my living room) and the other at 6pm (when sunlight gets weaker).

I tried many many settings but couldn't find balance between sensitivity and tolerance to eliminate these two false alerts.

My actual settings are sensitivity 76% and tolerance 2%. The webcam is on top of a bookcase and in sight there are two windows, part of the kitchen and part of the stairs to the first floor. Anyone coming in passes 4 meters away from the webcam, so a very small part of the image gets marked in the motion detection preview: that's the reason for my tolerance being set so low to 2%.

The false alert driven by light change are recorded with a % of motion between 90 and 94%...

Please help me find the right settings!

Carlo
z3r0c00l12

Re: False alerts with windows in sight

Post by z3r0c00l12 »

I don't think there is a solution yet, but this would help if it was implemented.