The new Jamcam4 ver. 1.01.04

Questions? Suggestions? Need help? Talk about anything related to Yawcam...
buntay

The new Jamcam4 ver. 1.01.04

Post by buntay »

JAMcam4 Ver.1.01.04 can be downloaded here http://host-a.net/buntay/Setup%20JAMCam ... .01.04.exe
Last edited by buntay on Sun May 18, 2008 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

Kind of curious
Just eMailed you
buntay

vista bata tests

Post by buntay »

thanks for the e-mail "tellmewhy" I sent the latest version to you, could you bata test it on vista before I release it on sunday? As always input is welcome.

Francis
tellmewhy

Post by tellmewhy »

There is a problem with the configuration.
see JAMCAM4 - Run-time error 53 : File not found [Windows Vista] at my forum.

Also the position of the titles & command buttons is a bit wrongly chosen.
To show what i mean :

The actual name is "Internet webcam 01"

The Image button opens this very thread in a "new window".
Only the title is Report.

Actualy this very moment both buttons : Image and Image do exactly the same thing.

So does the Image button.

I noticed you have to be a member of the Yawcam forum and you have to be logged on.
If not you can't execute the discribed actions.
This will give you something to work on ....
buntay

config file

Post by buntay »

"tellmewhy"

when you installed the new ersion did you completely uninstall the old, includeing the ".fcf" files. the new config file is added at the time of application first run just like the "cam1.fcf, cam2.fcf etc .." Mabe moving this code to form2 "camera setup" would be a better Idea. also I will look into a better placement of comand buttons. let me fix these 2 items and e-mail you again. also could you please e-mail me personaly to save space here and not upset malun for using his forum as a chatbox.

Francis
tellmewhy

Re: config file

Post by tellmewhy »

buntay wrote: also could you please e-mail me personaly to save space here and not upset malun for using his forum as a chatbox.
Francis
Whith all respect, but isn't that what you are doing too ??
Pointing directly tp this forum with three different buttuns.
The Image button opens this very thread in a "new window".
Only the title is Report.
Actualy this very moment both buttons : Image and Image do exactly the same thing.
So does the Image button.
So i sujest to use my forum instead.
I created a sub furum : JAMCAM4 (ver. 1.0) - Tips, Tricks, Problems & Solutions specialy for JAMCAM4.

Concerning the error "Run-time error 53 : File not found",
I completely uninstalled JAMCAM4 and the reinstalled it.
That apparantly did the trick.
tellmewhy

Re: The new Jamcam4 ver. 1.01.04

Post by tellmewhy »

buntay wrote:JAMcam4 Ver.1.01.04 can be downloaded here http://host-a.net/buntay/Setup%20JAMCam ... .01.04.exe
Available docs :
  1. A review : JAMCAM4 (version 1.01.04) - What is ....
  2. All the screen reviewed in details : JAMCAM4 (version 1.01.04) - The screen explained
  3. How to configure / use this application : JAMCAM4 (version 1.01.04) - A walk trough ....
jighen

Post by jighen »

Sorry Guys, I tried to download JAMcam but I can not understand how to set up the 4 webcam.
I even read the instruction, but I didn't understand it
The first time you run JAMCam4 you will get an error, but not to worry its is just setting
up the files needed for configuring the cameras. If for some reason these files become
damaged or deleted JAMCam4 will automatically recreate them the next time it is started.
These configuration files are located in “c:\program files\jamcam\” and are cam1.fcf,
cam2.fcf, cam3.fcf, and cam4.fcf.

When you click on "setup cams" the configuration screen comes up. you will need the
Information found in YAWcam, i.e. camera address and camera port, the camera name is
Completely up to you. The configuration can be changed at any time. But changes wont
take effect until you click "start cams". You must remember to save each cam when you
have configured it. Every time you click "start cams" JAMCam will reload the cameras.

When putting in the Camera address and camera port make sure you don’t click before
the" \\" in http:\\ or JAMCam will not work. The same is true for the " : " in the port box.
These are crucial for the config files. If this should happen navigate to the config files
(see above) and delete them. JAMCam will fix it when it is restarted.
Shall you give me more usefull help (something like a stupid step by step?)

Many thanks

Jighen
buntay

Jamcam4 setup

Post by buntay »

hey there thanks for an interest in my software. for a detailed setup procedure please e-mail me at bunsoft20@yahoo.com and i will see what i can do.

Francis
jighen

Post by jighen »

I Francis, I wrote you an email, but I found a great post on tellmewhy forum.
What I don't undestand, (I think it is impossible) is how to use more webcam from the same PC, I understand JAMcam load streaming from different websites... so no usefull form me. Isn't it?
buntay

answers

Post by buntay »

you can use more than one webcam on a single pc you just need to run multiple instances of yawcam, ie. once you have one webcam setup doubleclick on the yawcam icon and another instance will start. you will have to set it up for the second webcam. the drawback to this (the only way to run more than one cam) is that if the pc is shut down you will have to start from scratch. Now for the Jamcam4 part of it. Jamcam4 works with local AND internet it all comes down to the IP address and the Port, you can have 2 of the same ip address but differant port #'s and Jamcam will display the 2 individual cams. once you become familliar with the ip and port sides of making jamcam work I think you will find that it is what you are looking for. I curently have 4 cams running on one pc and am haveing no probs with jamcam4 viewing them....be aware yawcam cam be power hungry so if you run 4 cams on one pc you better be running at least a 2ghz prossessor.....look around in the forums here and alot of questions can be answerd as well as alot of tweaks. take care and good luck

Francis
tellmewhy

Re: answers

Post by tellmewhy »

buntay wrote:you can use more than one webcam on a single pc you just need to run multiple instances of yawcam, ie. once you have one webcam setup doubleclick on the yawcam icon and another instance will start. you will have to set it up for the second webcam. the drawback to this (the only way to run more than one cam) is that if the pc is shut down you will have to start from scratch.
This isn't completely the thruth.
You can install multipple instances of Yawcam next to each other.
How to do this ?
See this thread Yawcam - Use multipple camera's with Yawcam at my forum.
Last edited by tellmewhy on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buntay

Post by buntay »

Thanks for the clearification "tellmewhy"
buntay

Post by buntay »

just makeing this software known

Post by 11001001 »

Hi.

I am to stupid I can not find the way to resize the 4 frames for the cams.
I have got an 24 inch monitor and I want to see as much as possible from each Cam.
Has anybody an idea?

Thanxs